Sunday, December 24, 2006

Eve of Noise

Boy..oh...boy! It's a racket down there. Apparently everyone in the neighbourhood is celebrating Christmas Eve with a party. Noisy parties! Been hearing that particularly sweet song that says...Silent Night, Holy Night....I wish I could change the lyrics to Rainy Night, Noisy Night...
Hey! Angelina needs her beauty sleep, I shouted. Oops...think I just made the neighbour's dogs howl coz my shouting sounds like a big growl to their ears.
Mama said we are lucky we don't live in Cabramatta, at least the people in this suburb don't play with fire crackers.
Think I'll just dive under the Mama's duvet. She's just switched on the electric blanket coz it's a very cold night. Best rain in Sydney, the weatherman said on TV. I don't mind the rain as long as I'm indoors but I hate it when its windy. There's something about the sound that reminds me of my past life.
You see, I was born in someone else's home. Then I was given away coz that household has too many kittens. Apparently they don't believe in desexing us cats!
The new owner was fine at first, there were 4 kids and 2 adults. Problem was, they thought I was like a teddy bear. I'm alive you see, and I have claws and fangs...And those kids like to pull my tail. To cut the story short, they left me all alone in the backyard. There were feral cats and dogs and funny noises when there were storms...
Guess I'm lucky coz Mama heard of me and she rescued me. Now...people call me the spoilt cat who live like a princess...Well, tough luck peeps! I rule this household. I know that Mama has another family overseas. As long as they remain there, I'm not complaining.

2 comments:

CestmoiCK said...

Meowwwww!!!!!! I don't like cats! But I like yewwww, heh. (I just blogged about a friend's cat which died recently...sigh...)

Happy holidays!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Cestmoick, at least you don't HATE cats! Come on...love me...love me...what is there not to love about me? I'm cute, I'm sexy, I'm the Queen of Purrrfection....meow..meow...meow...